Sunday, April 13, 2008

Good Times!

Lately we've been feeling like we've been burning the candle at both ends!

Jud is crazy busy with work these days! Lots more work and responsibilities which of course means more stress...and more travel...long gone are the salesman hours I so loved! (when he was home by 4 most days and never later 5:30 ) and don't forget the triathlon training! (in all of his spare time!) And me, well...I am beginning to realize just how much Jud helps out around here! Because lately, my job sure has gotten increasingly more difficult!

So, anyway...we decided we needed a little family bonding time this weekend! We took the kids out of school and headed up to a hotel with a water park! The kids had a blast! It was so fun to just be together! For them to just have time to swim and play...no schedule, nowhere to be, nothing we had to get done...just play!
It was wonderful! Here are couple pictures..with my new camera! Yes, Jud luck strikes again and he was able to find an awesome deal on the camera I've been wanting! I'm still figuring it out...As I'm looking at the pictures I can see we have a bit of adjusting to do...but we'll get there. There aren't many pictures of Jack...and the reason is, the kid is fish! Seriously, he loves the water! He puts on a mask, jumps in, and barely comes up for air!



















Emma was a little nervous at first! There was a huge bucket of water above the pool that would fill up with water and every few minutes tip over and soak everyone...it freaked her out! But after a little while she was over it, and was ready to jump in too! She even went down the water slides!
















Everyone was pretty worn out from the day so we headed back to the room...where Emma was doing her best on Daddy to convince him that she didn't need to go to bed! And it worked! Apparently he's a sucker too!

















Then on Saturday, we went to Wild Air to meet some other families in the area that have also adopted from Ethiopia...It was really fun. The kids had a blast! Unfortunately chasing four kids around we didn't get to talk to people a whole lot! But those we did meet were really great! And what beautiful children!

The pictures aren't the greatest...as I still have a lot to figure out with the new camera!


2 comments:

Kristin said...

Very cool! I was going to call you last night when I got done working, to see how your weekend went. Looks like you all had a blast. You do such a great job with your blog...

Thankfulmom said...

I loved seeing your blog and your incredibly beautiful family.

Lisa