Saturday, April 26, 2008

An end to my pity party!

Friday night I went to bed early...I've been so stressed and tired lately, so soon after the kids were down...so was I. But as I laid in my bed pouting about how hard my life was...and how difficult this whole process has been on me...(yes, I'm a tad emotional lately) I got a call from my amazing friend Kathy...which seems to have ended my pity-party!

A little background...

Kathy and I met, kind of as a set up...My sister and her sister-in-law were friends (out of town) ...they realized that Kathy and I lived close to each other...and thought we'd be good friends...thus a set up...

Well against all set-up odds, we really did actually hit it off!

At the time, we each only had two kids...stayed at home (and loved it)...

...shortly after we met...I was pregnant...and then so was Kathy...


The friendship continued...between us, and our kids! We all loved the zoo trips, the trip to the state fair, the play dates at the park or at each others houses...and really just anytime we were together!

and then....after a few more months...Cathy was pregnant... again...and we had decided to adopt...



The years have flown by...when we first met we used to watch each other's kids whenever the other had Dr. appts...(obviously OB!!!) or just to get a little break...and our kids always loved playing together..they have all always gotten along so well...(we joke about future marriage potential!)

However, in the last few years it seems like Kathy and I rarely ever see each other... Since we both now have four kids...at different schools, it makes it a little difficult to see other...let alone help each other out.

But we still talk...often.

So anyway...back to present... as I'm feeling sorry for myself laying in bed sulking...(Jud was pedalling away on his bike...)

I got the call from Kathy...

She was calling to let me know that they were back in the hospital. To respect her privacy I won't give details...just that her little guy has a serious medical condition,and recently had major surgery...it definitely wasn't good news that he was back in the hospital...

So here's the thing... the thing that makes me admire and respect Kathy even more than I had before...

She was so strong. Kathy has never been one to complain...about anything. She handles whatever is thrown at her with such dignity and grace. Even coping with a child who has such a serious`condition, which I can only imagine, must be the most difficult thing for a mother to go through, she remains strong.

I don't know how she does it.

She is truly amazing.

I am so lucky to have her as a friend...I hope one day I can be more like her.

No comments: