Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I've finally figured it out!

After tons and tons of failed attempts at braiding Emma's hair, alas I do believe I've got it! When we were at the Ethiopian family picnic this weekend there was a woman showing how to braid...she put three little braids in Caroline's hair, and I finished the rest! But I was still trying little inside out braids, which is not quite right...then I finally got it! I realized the difference! Turns out Caroline is a much more willing participant in the area of hair braiding than Emma is! But once we got the beads on then, well of course Emma wanted pretties too! She sure loves to shake her pretties!














We did have a great time at the picnic. As it turns out the four kids were slightly more interested in the three giant bounce houses and live animals than walking around with mommy to meet new friends...so maybe I didn't get to meet all the people I was hoping to, but it was still a great day!


And today on the home front, we've got another puker!

Poor little squirt! (Sam) I don't think there's anything more pathetic looking than a scrawny little four year old heave into a bowl!

But he is such a little champ! Never cries, all 34 pounds of him lunging towards the bowl, and when he's done...simply wipes his face, washes his hands, and proceeds to tell the peanut gallery "I just puked again!"

Let's cross our fingers that this is some random virus, that will not take over the entire house and will instead be content on moving on...Let's just hope! Meanwhile, I am disinfecting like a mad woman!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Love the braids... Hey, I even have long enough hair for once in my life maybe I should try it!