Thursday, January 22, 2009

Friend or Family Feature

I am totally stealing this brilliant idea from Julie! On Fridays I'm going to try to have a friend or family feature...Not only is it an opportunity to brag a little about all of the incredible people I am lucky enough to have in my life, but it's also a way of reminding myself that they are there...

Today's feature is Sam!!!

Sam is the sweetest little boy. He is so crazy silly one minute, and then ready for cuddles the next. He makes the best faces! Any one of them can instantly light up a room. In our house, he has been voted 'most likely to be in Hollywood'. He can make Jack laugh until he can't breathe with just one funny face and finds endless humor in 'stinky stuff'. . .

His teachers absolutely adore him. "He is such a good listener and a good friend to the other children" and he is so proud of getting a "green face" everyday at school!

I'm so proud of this silly little guy! And so thankful that I get to look into those big blue eyes every day!

I was planning on posting 5 pictures, since he is turning 5 today...but I just couldn't do it! I spent the afternoon yesterday looking through tons of pictures, and there was no way I could only pick 5!!!

It got a little long! I knew Bubbie would appreciate it though!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How perfectly you captured the many aspects of Sam. And you were right about Bubbeh; it was great to start the day in tears as memory after memory flashed by. Give Mr. Squirrel a big birthday hug from his Bubbeh and Zaideh.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!

Kristin said...

I'm glad you didn't just put 5. That was great! Happy Birthday Sam!!

Papa Bruce said...

Wow! Jess - you are a wizard in putting together just the best pictures of Sam. Sam Squirrel the expressive thespian with the soulful eyes. Grandma and Grandpa loved this - hugs and love to Sam and to all our wonderful grandchildren! And to you and Jud!
By the way - whose version of Over the Rainbow is that? I've always wnated to get it.

Papa Bruce said...

Hi, it's Barbara logging in under Bruce. I'm not sure how I get your blog from my account, but I'll figure it out. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SAM. Great pictures. Definitely captures his whimsical spirit.
Hi to every one and hope you're all well.
Love, Barbara