Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wise Words

After having a particularly rough week, I've been feeling a bit blah. I'm sure partly from the sheer exhaustion of having sick kids one after the other who aren't sleeping night after night.

And partly because there is so much up in the air about the house, which leaves me with the lovely job of keeping it spotless just in case someone calls for a showing. Let me just tell you that is not an easy task, this is one beast of a house!

And of course there are all the emotions and worry that come along with the waiting! Knowing that I have another child. somewhere. It's hard to wrap my head around. And it's hard not to think about constantly.

Anyway, I was feeling blah and commiserating with a friend today, who suggested we look for the small things!

Wise Words!

And since she is one of the smartest people I know, I'll take her advice!

I've got 4 small things to be grateful for!


Here they are reading stories tonight with my studly hubby!





And oh my gosh do they make me smile!

Just in case there is anyone reading this who needs a laugh, I'll share a little funny from the kids this week.

They were all coloring. Caroline drew a King, but with long hair and a pink shirt. Sam liked it, and gave an approving silly face. Caroline asked him "if you like it so much do want to marry it? Sam said, "No, no, no!" (again silly face) "I'm going to marry Jack. Jack is the King!" Jack got a puzzled look on his face and asked, "what does that make you, my queen?" After a good laugh by all, Sam said, "No Jack, you're the king and I'm your servant!"

3 comments:

blessedmomto7 said...

LOVE that servant comment LOL! I have been in a funk lately too. HUGS!

Jessie said...

What a huge QT!!!! :)

Kristin said...

Not that you were looking for advice, but... What might be, might never be. Live in the moment and appreciate all the things and people you have now...