Saturday, March 28, 2009

No Feature, again! Surprised?

Yes, I know another Friday has passed again with no feature. Thanks Michelle for pointing out that I stink at keeping up with it!

In my defense, I have to say, this has been quite a week.

I had good intentions...but with more sick kids, laundry, and facebook, it's hard to find the time!

By the end of the week the kids were all feeling well...for the most part.

The week seemed to be going by without a hitch.... until my mom called to let us know that my dad was in the hospital.

The news was particularly frightening because my parents are in Florida for the winter...I feel so far away and helpless. To my dad of course, but also to my mom. Her life has revolved around my dad for the past 45 years...so obviously I worry about her too.

My Dad is a very private person, and I'm pretty sure he isn't going to like being talked about on this blog, so I'll respect that.

I think no matter what our relationship is with our parents... you get that call, and it just takes your breath away. Striking you all the way to the core, like a good punch in the gut! Leaving you for a few moments, feeling like a scared five year old.

It's turned out to be a tough week...

Today, to take a break from all of the craziness, we decieded to have a family day. We asked the kids what they would like to do with all of us together...the vote was unanamous...the Puublic Museum.



The kids were awesome! They were all so excited! The boys, of course wanted to run though everything as fast as they could. They would breifly look at one exibit shout "oh, cool!" or "look he's not wearing any pants!" and then quickly run on to the next.





Caroline wanted to read EVERYTHING about EVERY exhibit!





Emma was a little in the middle. She'd run along with the boys, but when Caroline would start explaining the exhibit to her, she'd get very excited and call the boys back over to see. It was really pretty funny!



They loved the butterflies, well everyone except Emma.






And then of course, Caroline and the critters!





3 comments:

rebekah said...

I really hope all will be ok. Awesome pics from the museum.

Julie said...

Thinking about you.

Christina said...

Oh, Jess, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. So scary, I'm sure. I hope he's feeling better. He should be, with such lovely grandchildren :).