Monday, December 1, 2008

Today is World AIDS Day




What you should know about HIV


- HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact.

HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way.

It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles).

- HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives.

- People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do.

If anyone wants more info on transmission, there is great info on the Center for Disease Control website


Please visit Erin's blog for incredible insight about raising a family while dealing with HIV/AIDS and Lisa's blog to hear more about what these incredible women are doing to help the AIDS orphans, and to promote awareness about this disease.

And of course, if you haven't yet, please visit the AHOPE Store


I have to say, last week, I received the greatest gift I have ever been given in my whole life!

I got an email from AHOPE saying that a donation had been made in My name! It was donated by my wonderful sister-in-law Katie, who really gets it! And gets me! Thanks Katie, I love you! Honestly, BEST gift ever!

No comments: