Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Butterflies!

Today was the big day! Back to School!



First we dropped off the bigs!



Caroline and Jack were very excited about going back and seeing their friends at school! Not much hesitation on their part! Just a wave over their shoulder as they ran off!

Then we went to drop off Emma for her first day of preschool! And that's where the butterflies come in! For me!


I had been dreading this day, because I wasn't sure how she'd do. We all know what a tough little girl she is, and if she doesn't want to do something...well, then you've got a problem!

But thanks to big bro Sam, who took her into the classroom and showed her around (it was his class last year) and her lovely teacher Mrs. Q who introduced her to lots of new friends, she did great!


I on the other hand did not! The tears started as we drove away from the school and stayed for most of the morning!

I was anticipating this day would leave me feeling some sort of relief, a little calm. A few hours each week alone, with no kids at home. Time to just sit and clear my head.

But instead, I feel incredibly sad. Sad about just how fast these years are flying by.

I keep thinking about how it was only three years ago, that we dropped Caroline off for her first day of preschool and then drove to pick up our new daughter.

And now, it seems like with the blink of an eye, it's her first day of preschool.


I'm sure with time it will get easier, but for today, I already miss my babies!

1 comment:

rebekah said...

Thanks just so much - I had kept the tears at bay till your post - and Quinn's already home from his first day!