Wednesday, September 24, 2008

a big night out!

Last night was meet the Bucks night!





The kids love doing this sort of thing, so we decided to bring the whole gang! The older three have gone to Bucks games with Jud before, but this was Emma's first "big" sports event! She did awesome! I didn't think she'd really get into it, but of course I was wrong. She wanted to be just like the other kids! She eve went up to meet Bango! (definitely every one's favorite "player"!)




Jack loved it! He brought his Bucks hat along to get autographs! He was trying really hard to remember different players names!









Caroline liked watching the dancers! And Sam was just kind of along for the ride! Even though sports aren't really his thing, he wanted to get their autographs just like Jack!





We had a tour of the locker room too! Which Jack thought was awesome! The kid was seriously in heaven!





And did I mention how well Emma did? This little one sure is growing up!



There was a time, not so long ago, when we totally avoided bringing her places (especially with big crowds) ...because we were never quite sure how she'd do, like when the tantrum would start. But lately it like she's a completely different kid! She seems so much happier, and her silly personality is really starting to show through!

Gosh, I'm so proud of my kids!

And as a complete bonus, I had a number of black women come up to me and tell me how gorgeous my daughter was, and what beautiful hair she has! Now, unless you are a white woman with a black child, you have no idea how big of a compliment that is!

Overall, awesome night!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I think you forgot to mention the obvious... Jud was apparently even as psyched as Jack!!

Bruce said...

Oh it is good to get back to your blog - the wonderful faces, the smiles, the fun and love. I appreciate it Jess, I have been very anxious and rather down about the elections, the economy, the whole mess. But the kids have such hope and pormise in their faces - this is what we should focus on. Much love, Papa Bruce