Friday, September 19, 2008

Freaky Friday!

Ever read this book?




Well, this morning I think I would have been happy to have found a frog in the sink. Instead though, I found a mouse!

As the kids were getting ready for school, I was trying to quickly move the laundry, when I grabbed a washcloth from the laundry room sink and there it was.... looking up at me!

I quickly threw a bowl over it, left Jud a panicked message, and called in the big guns! CAROLINE! She raced to find her butterfly net! And then helped shu it out from under the bowl and into the net!

All of the kids thought it was very cute and wanted to keep it as a pet! Emma, who was actually wearing her mouse costume at the time (she wants to be Jerry for Halloween) wanted to hold it!


With a little resistance the animal tamer, finally agreed to release the beast back into the wild! After of course calling me a "fraidy-cat"!








Now all morning I've been a little freaked out! I mean, I know it's that time of year, I don't think I would have been shocked to find a mouse in the basement somewhere, but in the sink? I just wonder, if it can get into the sink, where else am I going find those beady little eyes looking up at me?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love it!!!!