Wednesday, May 13, 2009

room for hope

I followed Julie's advise and basically stalked the Dr's today...not Dr. "Doom" we haven't seen him since Saturday after the surgery...

But one of the other partners...I asked him if it was general consensus, that it was just a matter of time.

I told him exactly what "Dr. Doom" told us, basically he said there is no way to know at this point... He is not out of the woods. There is a lot that could happen. So far he has made amazing progress. Much better than they thought he would. Just as they can't say he will definitely be OK, they can't say that this will definitely kill him. It may not sound like much, but the fact that there is room for HOPE. Well that's just huge!

2 comments:

rebekah said...

Oh, I would say there's hope to be found. I am so glad you've shared this.

hotflawedmama said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm one of those that holds onto hope even when I shouldn't but I do think there is some to be found in your case.

I cannot imagine what you're going through. Thoughts are with your family...