Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ouch!

another one bites the dust!















This time he pulled it out himself, and he was oh so proud of himself!






















At Emma's check up today, she had to get four shots! The last time she had shots it was a disaster! But that time all four kids needed them...Jack went first, and well, lets just say he's the sensitive type. (with great lungs!) He started screaming and then they all started screaming...I still have nightmares about that day...So when the Dr. today, told me that Emma was due for four more, I was a bit worried. But while we were waiting for the nurse to come in with the needles, I explained to her that she was going to need to have a few pokes. This was greeted with a "but I don't like shots!" I told her I don't like shots either, and then that was it.

The nurse came in, Emma sat on the edge of the table and let the nurse poke her little legs...she didn't even flinch! In fact while the nurse was putting the band aids on Emma, she told her that she was sorry to have hurt her. Emma looked at her and said, "what? that didn't even hurt!" The nurse was so impressed with her bravery that she gave her some very cool new shades!


By dinner time tonight her legs were feeling really sore. For her to say they hurt, and refuse to walk...it must have been painful! So I propped her up on the couch armed with motrin, ice packs, and back to back Phineas and Ferb's, which she watched while sporting her new shades!



4 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, two brave kids in one house. Could they model that behavior for D? I'd appreciate it if he didn't scream at shots or tooth-pulling. :)

Calmil2 said...

Love the shades :)
Harmony

Sarah :) said...

Um, we've got parallel lives. Our Seth (the sensitive type) HATES shots! Thad sits there and takes it like it's nothin'!

Kristin said...

Bummer about the shots! And the tooth.. Uggh! I remember those days. I hated every one of them that fell out. OWWW!