Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Come, come for a bit of respite in the middle of so much sadness. Come, rest awhile.

Those were Julie's words to me last week...

Since my Dad was still in the hospital and my Mom was staying at our house along with many of my siblings going in and out, I didn't think there was any way that I could or should go on the trip to visit Julie that Rebekah and I had planned...

But as you all know by now, I have an amazing husband. And he knew. He knew how much I needed this. He knew how much I needed to spend a little time away from everything that's happening here. He knew how much I needed to be with these two incredible women...he insisted that I go.














































and I will be forever grateful that he did!

This weekend was exactly what I needed.



Sure we hit some exclusive poolside bars...


















stopped by for a premier...





























even saw some celebrities!





















































we stopped to take in the view




















but the best part by far was just being with these two phenomenal women. These really truly are friends who touch your soul! I miss them already!

We talked, we laughed, we cried, and poor Steven had to put up with the major estrogen overload that occurred right in his very own living room! poor guy!



I have so much to say about these two...but it will have to wait for another post, things are insane here right now...

my dad is being released from the hospital today!

I'm pretty sure we've sold our house!

we are planning to go to MN tomorrow, but late last night realized we hadn't made plans for the two dogs! so, if you'll excuse me, I will now try to pull a rabbit from my hat:)

4 comments:

2girls said...

Wow, I am overloaded just reading this. Does this mean you are coming to the eastside? Yeah!

-C said...

First, that is awesome news that your dad is coming home.

Second, can I just tell you how jealous I am of you 3 ladies. The photos on both your's and Julie's blog look so fun. I want more details.

Congrats on the house too. Now get packing. well pull the rabbit out of the hat first and then get packing.

rebekah said...

Aw crap! I'm crying again!

How will we not fly out there when Julie has champagne at her hose????

Calmil2 said...

I'm so glad to hear your Dad is going home. Where are you moving? So great that you were able to sell your house. I think you guys need to fly out and surprise Julie when she gets her referral...oh, wait, she might read this so it won't be a surprise, oh well, really it's because I want to meet you and drink for the Champagne Hose together :)
Harmony