Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What made me cry today....

A few weeks ago, I sent out an email to my family and some close friends. I was asking for help gathering donations for AHOPE I really anticipated that I would get a good response....I know some pretty great people!

But in the weeks that followed, I began feeling very sad and a little hurt that few people even mentioned anything about the email....



Something about me....when I feel hurt, I pull away.




I even went as far as to opt not to go to my sister's house for Easter...(a decision I regret) because I felt like, by my own family not getting what this meant to me...it was a direct insult to me and the things I find important...

Which obviously isn't the case. My family is wonderful, and has always been very supportive....

But I tend to live by my heart...not by my head, so as a result it takes me awhile to make sense of the simplest things sometimes....It's really difficult for me to understand why everyone doesn't see things just the way I do...another real flaw of mine.


Anyway, just today, I got the cutest card from my 11 year old niece Abby...with $10 of her own money to donate for supplies...That made me cry!

2 comments:

Bruce said...

It's the weekend - a chance to check on Jess' blog! Thait is so touching - the money from you neice. There's a lot of love out there! Papa Bruce

Anonymous said...

What email.....?!! Hello. I just cleaned Costco out of Advil and bandaids for the medicine cabinets our church will send to Kenya. Spread your wings wider my friend. Don't feel funny about asking even MORE people! Em