Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A little update!

This week has definately been a crazy one! We had our social worker come to our house yesterday for our in home "interview"...the last step before she can put together all of the information for our actual homestudy. She thought it would take her a few weeks to get everything in order, meanwhile Jud and I have the next stack of paperwork to get moving on...the dossier! whew! that's a load of fun!

So, anyone who knows me, knows that I am quite the... oh let's see, how should I put it...anal retentive clean freak! yup that's me! So, with a social worker coming into our house I, in true form went a little nuts! I cleaned and scrubbed, washed and folded, even organized closets! So to my surprise, in the midst of my craziness, my sweet dear little angel Emma, (who has been potty trained for about three months) decides this is the day she wants to pee in the middle of the kitchen floor! Wonderful! We had a little talk about why we don't go potty on the floor, which of course she and Sam thought was hillarious! Then, just a short while later, while I was vacuuming the stairs, I noticed a bad smell....I knew just what it was and who had done it!!! I walked into Emma's room to find that she had gotten a pull-up (normally used for bedtime) out of her closet, pooped in it, and then was trying to get rid of the evidence! The used pull-up was balled up in her closet, there where wipes everywhere, and poop all over her rug! Fabulous! We had another discussion about why we don't go poopy in the pull-ups and try to hide it from mommy! This time even Sam was disgusted! It was a learning experience for all! Emma learned how to get mommy's attention, and mommy learned that perhaps it is not wise to take her eyes off of Emma! And Sam, well he learned that he is not the only one in this family who likes yucky things!

No comments: