Sunday, July 19, 2009

keep on keeping on

This weekend Jud has been out of town on his annual golf weekend, with his old college buddy. I'll admit, when I realized it was THIS weekend, I was pretty freaked out! We have so much to do. SO SO MUCH TO DO! But besides all of the things on my "to do" lists, I feel like my head is just a crazy mess right now, I was a little worried about holding it all together, keeping the fort down, for the four days while he was gone. But I've surprised myself, and actually pulled through the weekend ok.

It definitely helped that I had two fabulous sitters come over on Thursday night to play with the kids while I went to dinner with some great friends! Have I mentioned how I love living so much closer to this gal ? It was really a great night. A much need night. There's definitely something to be said for the power of strong women. All through dinner, through our conversations, I just kept thinking how lucky I am to have such amazing women in my life. All three of them are strong, beautiful, intelligent career women but they are also, mothers, sisters, friends. After spending time with them, I felt recharged in a way. NO, not in the free from exhaustion sort of way, but the I can do this, sort of way.

strong women.

sigh.

The kids and I went to Green Bay for a quick visit with my parents on Friday, and we brought my adorable niece Caitlin home with us. The kids have just been playing and playing...it's been a really great weekend just hanging out, chugging through my many lists, cuddling and watching movies.

So maybe we stayed in jammies well into the day, and I didn't brush my teeth until 1 in the afternoon...I did manage to make my own coffee each morning! I don't know why that's a big deal, but it is. Of course it's not as good as Jud's, but it's something.

2 comments:

rebekah said...

Thursday was great - I felt tipsy even though I was a teetotaler! So fun to meet Emily and I am happy to be with both you and Raquel at the same time.

Congrats on the coffee. Good thing, though, you can get Jud's coffee back soon.

The boys and I have been in our matching LL Bean plaid housepants most of the weekend. And they don't seem to care that I haven't brushed my teeth yet either... that's great company.

-C said...

I am so jealous of your dinner! Oh- and teeth are totally overrated anyway.

Glad you pulled through the weekend, summer vacation can be exhausting for mom's :)