Monday, November 15, 2010

So they say it's my birthday...

It was overall a nice day.

Birthdays just aren't as much fun once you pass 30.

I spent the day thinking a lot about my mom. Thinking 33 years ago, she gave me life. She used to call bright and early and sing Happy Birthday... Something I probably rolled my eyes at, but today I really missed it. I missed her. The sound of her voice.

I watched my "life" video that my sister Kristin made me for my 30th birthday. I was reminded of how many lovely, wonderful people I have in my life.

Other than that the day was pretty much just another Monday. School, laundry, chase Will around all day, guitar lessons...I did refuse to go to the grocery store, because I hate the grocery store more than anything, and well, it's my birthday and I didn't want to go! So we ordered Subs and Jud brought home a chocolate cheesecake, my favorites!

The kids all made beautiful cards that made my heart smile...

I skyped for the first time with my sister...

And now I'm enjoying reading all my birthday wishes on Facebook while Jud is snuggled in next to me.

pretty good day.






4 comments:

Christina said...

Happy Birthday!

hotflawedmama said...

Happy birthday, Jess!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday to you!

It was great to meet you Saturday evening at the party. So amazing that you came for the event. Peace and blessings to you and your beautiful family.

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday once again Jess. I know the first one was pretty tough not having Mom (and Dad) call to sing Happy Birthday. I am glad you were able to watch the video to remember some of the good times over the past 30+ years though. I hope that helped trigger some of the many, many more memories as well... You have so much to feel blessed and also proud about.