Friday, January 25, 2008

Let the Emotional Rollercoaster Begin!

Well I dropped off all of our paperwork for our home study with our local agency yesterday! Now our social worker will put it all together and send it to our international agency, after of course she does a home visit to make sure we have room in our hearts and our house for another child... it'll be a nail-biter!

So anyway, after the home study report is received by the international agency then the next round of paperwork, the dossier begins.... Much more involved than the home study. Lots of papers to get notarized and double notarized(yes,really), fingerprints, government approvals, copies, copies, and more copies, blah... blah... blah... red tape! I guess jumping through hoops is another thing to add to my resume! Which I might add at the moment consists of things like; expert laundry folder, floor sweeper, bathroom scrubber, personal shopper, cook... yeah right! ok maybe not cook but you get my point!

So we're a long way from the end but at least we are finally on our way! Once the dossier is complete I really have no idea what the timing will be like. For infant referrals they are estimating 7-9 months wait and then 1-2 months to travel! In our application to CHSFS (the international agency we use) we said that we would be open to either sex, possibly siblings up to age 3. We agree with CHSFS that we should follow birth order so the child(ren) would need to be younger than Emma. I know it sounds crazy, but I really think if any family has enough love to do it it's us! Yeah that's the sound of me tooting my own horn!

Well that's all I have for a progress report.... We are getting ready for Grandma and Grandpa to come visit this weekend... so I'm off to make some toilets sparkle!

No comments: