Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hair Today Gone tomorrow!




Actually it was gone last week, just haven't had a chance to get to the pictures!

I was really really trying to get Will's hair to loc. For a few different reasons 1) I REALLY love the look of locs, and 2) I REALLY didn't want to cut his hair--I was dreading it in fact. I don't know why but I started to get all emotional whenever I even thought about cutting it... Like I was cutting away a tie to his heritage or something... I'm sure that sounds crazy, and it probably is, but that's me.

So Will was totally rocking the locs... He looked so sweet you could just eat him up!







Unfortunately or fortunately, depending at how you look at it I guess, Will has very soft textured hair.... B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L curls that take a REALLY long time and lots of effort to actually loc. I gave a good effort, really I tried...but considering that I have time to shower myself, only about every third day, and I have four other children's hair to have "done" everyday, finding time to twist and re twist Will's hair (never mind the challenge of getting him to sit still long enough to twisty twist twist) well the time just wasn't there.

Sooooooo....we said goodbye to the locs, washed and combed out his hair




Then a little snip snip.

And....






How stinking cute is he???? I can't even stand it! His curls are even curlier and his hair feels even softer! Plus I don't have to chase him around the house while twisting! The only problem is that he now looks like a full fledged toddler. sigh.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my gosh! I'm in love! (Don't tell Melese.)

hotflawedmama said...

Unbelieveably cute! Tariku's is so hard to loc too. We've tried many times over the lat few years!

He's so scrumptious!

charlotte said...

He is so adorable......and I love his naughty expressions.

Anonymous said...

He's so cute! Just in case you still want to loc his hair, it's possible to begin them with braids, this may be a better option for softer hair. I'm an African-American young woman with locs and while I started with the coil method, I've had a couple stubborn ones that I began with braids. You can just youtube "braidlocing" and you'll find some results. Good luck if you choose to!