Sunday, March 27, 2011

Another week has come and gone

Really where is the time going?




The kitchen is finally DONE and open for business! Since this room is pretty much the center of our days, all I can say is it was a major pain in the arrrsss having it such a disaster for the past few weeks! I'll have to post pictures of the rest later, the counters were too messy!




We had one of my favorite nieces come for a little visit this week...It's was so awesome having such a helpful big kid around. The kids all love her like crazy! Will followed her everywhere she went saying "KK...KK...RU????" One of the cutest things I've ever seen for sure. Caroline really loved having Caitlin here too, she pretty much giggled the entire visit.






I received a really sweet surprise this week... A few weeks ago when Rhona, my mother in law, was visiting she was telling me about a book that she just read. She thought I'd enjoy it, she offered to send it to me. I thanked her for the thought but told her it would be silly to send it since, due to a plethora of reasons, lack of time and focus just to name a few, it's been a really long time since I've actually read a book cover to cover. This week I opened this...

the audio version.





I spent a couple of hours one morning with a friend who recently brought home her two daughters from Ethiopia. I was honestly amazed at what a wonderful and extraordinary mother she was. We met through friends and had only gotten together once right before she left for Ethiopia, so really I didn't know her all that well....but wow I was a little taken back at how loving and nurturing she was. So kind and gentle in every touch, and such a loving direct tone when she was talking to the girls. I've seen and idolized some pretty great moms over the years so I know a good one when I see one. Let me tell you, she's a good one!

Last night we had some friends over for dinner. Two couples and all their kids plus us and all our kids....totaled 6 adults and 10 kids ranging from 1 to 13 and wanna hear the crazy thing? We actually had a quiet, delicious, grown up dinner complete with great conversation. How is this possible you may ask? Because we have great friends with great kids! The laughter coming from the basement was pretty great too:)

So, wow I guess it was a busy week! I'm exhausted and sick of painting! And more than anything I am so grateful for wonderful friends.

3 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

Great post! I WANT THAT BOOK! It's on my list to get at the library. You must tell me what you think!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Jess, for some reason you popped into my mind today and I found my way over to you here. Your kiddos are getting SO big....and they are cute as ever! I things are going well for you! LOVE the photo of the top of your blog....beautiful!

Stacey said...

I saw you link this on Leah's FB and I just had to say that everything you said about her is absolutely true =). I'm so blessed to be not only their family's sitter, but an honorary member of their family, too. They're great, aren't they? =)

p.s. I asked Le if your kids went to the other elementary school WFB (not being specific, just in case you don't say specifics on here!) because I work with the k4s and k5s at Milestones there and thought I recognized you at drop off, haha. I'll have to say hi next time! =)

Stacey